Cord & Pleat Design, a professional custom home furnishing workroom, was founded in April of 2002 by Marilie W. Smock, Owner
...Quality beyond Measure.
I am Marilie W. Smock, owner & designer at Cord & Pleat Design, Inc, a custom home furnishings workroom in Tulsa, OK. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design from Oklahoma State University and 20+ years experience in Soft Home Furnishings Industry, Interior Design and related industries.
In April of 2002, I began her retail & wholesale workroom, with the support of my family and many years of sewing for both friends and family. I enjoy being able to offer my clients “the entire package”, both the design and the fabrication of custom home furnishings.
As a graduate of the CHF trade school with a Window Treatment Career Professional designation & an Advanced Window Treatment Career Professional designations, I look forward to many years of creativity and joy from my business.
Continuing Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Interior Design, Oklahoma State University
- Window Coverings Career Professional, Custom Home Furnishings Academy, North Carolina
- Advanced Window Coverings Career Professional, Custom Home Furnishings Academy, North Carolina
- Cornice Boards 101, Custom Home Furnishing Academy, North Carolina
- '03, '04, '05, '06 Custom Home Furnishing Industry Educational Conference & Trade Show
- Member of Window Coverings Association of America (WCAA)
- Member of Workroom Association of America (WAOA)
- Member of Window Fashions Certified Professional
- Former Member of the Custom Home Furnishing Magazine Advisory Board
Awards & Honors
- Featured in CHF Magazine, "CHF Success Story", July/August 2006
- Work featured in Custom Home Furnishings Magazine, July/Aug 2008; Sept/Oct2008
- Participated in Extreme Home Makeover, Starkweather edition, Feb 2010
- Participated in Church at Battle Creek's "Clean Sweep" event, 2010
- Provided products for Various Interior Designer/Decorators in Tulsa's Designer Showcase 2010, 2011. 2012, & 2013.